21 January 2008

Pros & Cons of Driving - A wife cum working mother insight

DRIVING - something that can be a profession to some, taboo to others and dangerous hobby to many. What ever driving is to you, let me share my insight of the pros and cons of driving to me.....

Driving is a must when........

1. someone is sick, especially the loved ones (to go to hospital, to visit them etc)

2. hubby is not home and the gas is out!

3. we run out of supply at home (from rice right to diapers)!

4. to fetch someone (can be sister from university, or hubby at work, or friend at the bus stop, or mum at the airport) in need of transportation

5. attending to work obligation (like travel away from base, attending meetings etc)



Driving is not a skill you wish to have when........

1. "Oh, I don't know the way. You've been there, why don't you drive?".... this can typically come from friends, family, even hubby!

2. " You can go by yourself right?".... you know who always say this!

3. "Mom, can we get this ....., please? Please?".... the "sweet & driving me mad" angels


4. "I got something on. Can you replace me?".. from a superior most of the time

But what I like about driving is - it gives me the priviledge to be flexible with time and creates opportunity for me to excel in life and contributes to family & friends, work and the society.

So think about it - Do you want to DRIVE??

1 comment:

Gaylord Cohen said...

Me? Drive? NOT ME!!! The ONLY driving I ever want to do...is in a VIDEO GAME!!! ;-)