21 November 2008

I am thankful for all the journeys I have been through....

Dear Mother,

You may not read this entry but I still want to write this to you. I wish to thank you for all the journey that you have taken together with me....

1. for the first chicken I cut by myself
2. for the first fish I clean (when I nearly chop off my own finger)
3. for the first breakfast/lunch/dinner that I've prepared all by myself
4. for the ironing lesson you've thought me when I was just six
5. for the washing dishes lesson since I was five
6. for the laundry session I hate the most (we can't afford the washing machine back then in 1981)
7. for the first dessert I had prepared for tea... it's onde-onde!
8. for the mopping n sweeping n "gerak daun" chores you loaded on me since I was 10
9. for taking care of my siblings when I was barely 8 years old... two little brother n sister... toght mehhhh..
10. for sending me to a boarding school.... that's the most important 5 years of training you have ever provided me with...

I have learned a lot from all these journey...

1. to be independent
2. to not be worried when ever I don't see you
3. to not miss you even though I know I miss you terribly
4. to be a good wife, mother, daughter and sister all in one go!
5. to always have faith in ALLAH....

And I want to let my girls grow up in the same manner.. to learn just like how I have been learning.. Can I do that Mom? Will you be there to help me?

Love always,
Imi

No comments: