03 April 2006

To Be or not To Be............ The busy 5 bees

To Be - a successful career women you must be
1. smart (depend on your definition of smart)
2. patience (to get promotion etc)
3. courageous (to serve the company best)
4. determine (to ensure your work is with quality and added value)
5. open minded (to be creative in doing your job)

To Be - a successful working wife you must be
1. very smart (depend on your definition of smart)
2. very patience (especially to deal with the long working hours)
3. very courageous (to handle all the possible office gossips...)
4. very determine (to be able to still go to work no matter what happen)
5. very open minded (to stay cool and calm)

To Be - a successful working wife and mother you must be
1. suped duper smart (depend on your definition of smart)
2. super duper patience (to handle all the screaming, shouting, crying etc)
3. super duper courageous (to have energy to smile everytime it is 5am in the morning again!!!)
4. super duper determine (to ensure follow through eventhough it is a TOTAL mess)
5. super duper open minded (to keep sane!!!)

So tell me something... is it wrong for me to choose not TO BE a working wife & mother? Or am I just too clouded by the expression "LADY OF LEISURE - a dream of every woman"....

Anyway, despite saying all that, I maybe embarking on a new life - working wife and mother cum consultant... how about that????

3 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Kimi, the five points to be a successful working wife and mother sound so scary.....
The actual fact is, when you read other people's writing about it or hear other people's stories, it's rather scary and could discourage some women. But, if you are already living it, nothing really matters. As for me, I decided that I'll just be professional about it. There's no point getting personal over spilled curry on the dining table, or soap accidentally being flushed in the toilet.
There were times when I thought I was about to lose it (my temper, my patience etc), that's when I'd call up my friends and we'd go karaoke lah, cinema lah or minum kopi lah..... Bak kata orang London, 'once in a while you need to let your hair down'.... betul tak?

Leilanie said...

Kimi dear,
I presume you got that job you went to the interview for last Saturday? How was it?

It's true what Dee said - you need to have your own "space". It'll keep you sane. Nowaday, it's almost impossible to be a woman of leisure, unless our husbands are making millions and we can paint the town red every other day! When reality hits - we need to balance between work and family - and at the same time, never forgetting to reward ourselves, every now and then.

I think - even if our husbands make millions, we would still want to work..... like run a spa where you and I can indulge in it everyday - haa haa!

Good luck dear!

kimi azhan said...

Kak Dee - you're absolutely right! I pun teringin nak buat "ladies only happy hour time"...

But I have to allow for 3-5 years more before I can start having a real "happy" hour coz my kids baru 7, 4 & 1 yrs now... the "wonder years" - according to my mom... and I think she's 100% right! So until they can be own their own, I have to constantly be with them...

Lanie,

Yup.. I got the offer, on contract basis though i.e associate consultant. Providing services as required. Good money, but it's gonna be hard - as I am full time with MAS... kena sacrifice cuti sikit-2 la.. We'll see how it goes.. Hmmm I selalu berangan nak buka kedai bunga & jual cookies, bila dah boring kerja nanti.. okay tak??

One more thing... errrr...I still have to return your yellow towel... can we do lunch soon? Any plan for lunch tomorrow?