08 August 2006

Who date your Husband??

I left a comment on Zura's entry on what she did on Nik's birthday. I was reading her reply to my comment and then it hit me........ WHAT a hassle nowadays, as a wife, trying to find a time to just be with your own husband! I mean, remember those "dating" days? It seems like the world just revolved around the two of you meeting each other!

Now, come to think of it, I somehow feel that, generally, a TYPICAL man's weekend TO-DO-LIST list:
1. sleep
2. wash or polish car
3. repair or do car maintenance
4. watch sports - anything football/golf/rugby/car racing etc as long as it's on ASTRO sport channel
5. go back to parents' place (if they are within an hour drive away!)
6. repeat no 1-5
7. do groceries or night market (if wife cannot do that)
8. do what the kids requested them to do (especially if he has promised them!)
9. do what family members or friends ask them to do (again if they are within an hour drive away!)
10. opppssss... and then that promise to do "something" with the wife! But WHAT IS IT? No problem, just ask her on SATURDAY MORNING!

Please tell me I am just exaggerating......... Like I told Zura, "We (the wife) used to be in their (the hubby) priority list, now we are in the waiting list!"

2 comments:

Leilanie said...

Kimi dear,
hmmm......
when hubby does the list of things you described, I do the following :

1. I sleep with him too; or pick up a book, or watch a funny movie.

2. Pick up a book or magazine (and read by the car), or watch a funny movie, then, make hubby (and Emil) a nice cold lemonade.

3. Pick up a book or magazine (and read by the car), or watch a funny movie, then, make hubby a nice cold lemonade.

4. Pick up a book or magazine, or watch a funny movie (on the other TV). But this seldom happens because hubby don't watch Astro Sports except if it's Tennis.

5. Hardly happens because in-laws are in Kuching.

6. Repeat no. 1-5

7. I always do my groceries / pasar malam with hubby and Emillio in tow.

8. I join hubby for whatever he does with Emil, else, item no.1 applies.

9. I join hubby for whatever he does with friends or family members, else, item no.1 applies.

10. I remind him on Friday night as we kiss goodnight (and again as we wake up with a kiss on Saturday morning).

Anyway, Kimi........
my point is....... one of the reasons we fell in love with each other is because we like doing things together.... that applies to all couples.

My dad always reminds me.........
- one got to learn to like to do (eat) the things his/her spouse likes to do (eat) and vice versa; only then, one feels wholesomely together.

Leilanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.