08 May 2006

Head of Domestic Affairs


This entry is specially dedicated to my fellow home maker friends out there, who has sacrificed everything to be with their children, devote their time, effort, energy, mind and money for the family. I would like to acknowledge some names here, Dina (she was the one who trigger this entry), Meeyn (in Abu Dhabi), Cory( in Miri), Yucilia (in Seremban), Shirlina (in Kota Kinabalu) and Amy (in Kertih).

Never ever feel that what you do is not a career. It is beyond a CAREER!!!! Thus, you also deserve to have coffee with your friend (regardless whether they're working or not).... If I were to refer to the book of conduct of a home maker, we're talking about
24 hours a day x 7 days a week x 52 weeks a year x your life as a mother

How can it not be important if you spent that much of time in your life? Given the opportunity, I would also like to be one. But of course a long list of "things to be done" must be done first before I can safely & happily sacrifice everything to be a home maker.....
a. My hubby can afford it
b. Basic necessity is ready for us
c. I am mentally & physically ready
d. We have the blessing of both his & my parents!

It is always a hard decision for a lady to step down from that "working environment" and stay home forever. I know it's not easy for you guys to make the decision.... Coz this is what your "more often than not" office routine shall be like,
1. making the bed every morning
2. prepare breakfast
3. sweep the floor
4. do the laundry
5. prepare lunch
6. help with the school homework
7. prepare afternoon tea
8. bring the kids to the playground
9. get dinner ready
10. reading bed time story
11. do some ironing
12. plan for tomorrow's chores
13. wake up in the middle of the night to change diapers and then make warm milk
14. to wake up first in the morning,
and the whole routines begin again......

Sounds like you're trap in the jungle with no escape way! (The most that I personally have time to do every working day is only no 1, 2, 4, 6, 11, 13) Where could you possibly be heading by making such a big decision? The ultimate destination - heaven....... for being that tender, loving, caring, passionate & patience mother, and most of all - for always be there for your children!

If that is not a job, then I don't know what is! I respect all the home makers out there for the principles they uphold! To my friends out there, if ever you need a break from your "office" routine, you can call me!

2 comments:

NAH said...

Ahlamak.... how I wish I can be a full time home maker.... then again, yes la, with the long list that we have..... lots of things need to be considered....

kimi azhan said...

Tu la kan, I think many of us wish for the same thing. But life is not always easy, so kena lah bersusah dulu. I have my target - by 40 yrs old, I nak stay home la..